Campredon art center, an enchanting place...

The Donadéï de Campredon townhouse is a stately 18th century house in partly protected by the French Historic Monuments department since 1979. It was built in 1746 for Charles-Joseph de Campredon whose family origins traces to the 14th century.

 

The plans were drawn by Esprit-Joseph Brun, a renowned architect from L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, especially known for his achievements in L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, Aix-en-Provence and Marseille, such as the Borely Castle.

 

In 18th January 1865, the house was sold by the Marquis of Lespine, heir of the Campredon family, to the nuns of the Saint-Charles’ covent. In 1978, the mansion house was acquired by the city and restored with the help of the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur Regional Council.

​The Donadéï de Campredon hotel offer one face on the Docteur Tallet st and another one in it garden, deploying a beatifull architecture on 3 levels.

​The elegant fountain in the garden was built by Jean-Ange Brun, older brother of Esprit-Joseph Brun, with whom he sometimes worked, in particular for the hospital of Isle-sur-la-Sorgue.

​​​Since 1982, the Donadéï de Campredon hotel receives numerous exhibitions of modern and contemporary art. The center of art inaugurated in 2010 offers three exposure levels on a surface of 500m2. It magnificent garden which can welcome various demonstrations : conferences, readings, concerts, dances, seminars...